Back in the day, I’ve come across SEO agencies that promise to have the solution for you to rank higher in the SERPs. They use black hat methods and although they have worked for a time, it doesn’t work anymore today.
So, what are companies left to show for? A website that nobody really cares about. The thing is, many of these companies are ill-advised because of these shady tactics and methods employed by certain older SEO agencies.
That is why there is a trust issue when it comes to hiring similar agencies to work on SEO tasks. This is because of the lack of information and understanding on the part of the client. This is not to say that it is the client’s fault; this is just to say that shady people exploit this lack of knowledge for their personal gain.
Since SEO has changed for the better, it might be the best time for your SEO agency to forge and regain your trust and credibility again. But, how?
Well, you can start by implementing white hat SEO techniques. In other words, you do the right thing. How can you get started? Well, you’ll have to start with…
Google and other search engine giants are actually favouring local businesses now more than ever. Therefore, it is best that you use your local listings so that your business will become more prominent whenever a person searches for local establishments and ventures.
Here are some tips to implement local SEO to your advantage:
- Start by registering your business in Google My Business
- Make sure that the information that you put there is up to date and accurate
- Use your location and add it whenever you use some keywords. For example, if your business is situated in Miami, Florida, then you could add something like “Pizza Parlour Miami”
- Create articles that are relevant to your business that provide value to your customers. For instance, if you’re a healthcare provider and you specialize in therapy, then talk more about the therapy that you’re well-versed in.
- Use social media, even Google’s own Google Plus, to help gain more leads. Reviews can also help, so if someone has provided a review, be sure to showcase that prominently on your website.
- Use Geo-Specific Hashtags on social media as well (along with your venture’s name).
Optimize On-Page and Off-Page SEO
For those of you who do not know, there are actually two types of SEO: the on-page and the off-page.
As an agency or a business owner, it is best that you focus on these two things to help you get the best results.
On-page SEO is more about making changes to your actual site: from loading speed to written content. Off-page SEO is more about link building and backlinks. Combine the two and you have the best formula to achieve consistent and reliable results.
In conclusion, whatever SEO techniques that you use, know that it will take time to take effect. Think of search engine optimization as a plant that needs to grow slowly, but surely.