Horse racing is one of those exhilarating experiences since you can bet on your favorite horse as similar to the 4d online Malaysia. There are actually a lot of different types of bets and one of them is known as the exacta.
The exacta is where you will place bets on the first two finishers in the exact same order. That is why in Canada and in other parts of the world, the exacta is also known as the “exactor” which simply means “in the exact order”.
Now, even though that is the premise of the exacta, you can actually box it so that your selections can still win even though it is not actually in the same order.
The exacta is a lucrative betting option because of the fact that you can win higher payoffs than a regular win, a place, or show wagers. But do know that it earns less than a superfecta, a trifecta, or even those multi-race bets.
Do note that there are still some tracks that refer to is as a “Perfecta”, so you must know of the track’s rules and terms before you place your bets.
Here are some tips to help you box an exacta:
- First, you select the horses that you deem have the best chances of finishing in the top 2. Look at their form, the weather conditions, among other things.
- After choosing your bets, you can then proceed to the betting window and tell the clerk there which track and race you want to bet on.
- Tell the clerk that you’re going for the exacta and then proceed to tell them which particular horses you want to box (for instance, horses 4 and 5).
- Make sure that the details are correct before heading out.
- Take your ticket, select a good seat in the house, and then cheer on for your selections.
Some additional Advice:
- You can put as many horses you like in the box. But do know that if you do so, you’re going to end up paying a lot more.
- Different race tracks would require different dollar wagers. There are some that would require only a dollar, but there are also some that would probably require more than that.
- Even though the exacta is technically about betting the first and second place horses, you have to understand that this is not going to provide you with a lot of value when you box. You want the result to be a mid to long shot. Always find longshots that could find a way to eliminate one of your other short-priced selections.
- If you go ahead and bet on a large field such as a 24-horse Melbourne Cup, for example, down to 3 or 4 contenders having confidence that any one of them could win the first and second place, this is where the exacta would give you the best possible rewards. And, if you’re feeling lucky, you can transition to a trifecta because that would technically amplify your wins.